10.17.2016

Harry Potter and the Unexpected Dragon {bookshelf love}

Last month, I challenged myself to read 10 books by Christmas. In order to keep myself accountable--and because I'm sure you're dying to know my progress (ok, you probably forgot about it entirely. . . .)--I thought I'd post monthly updates. Obviously, since I'm a bookwyrm with a voracious mental appetite, I've already devoured half of the stack.

Nope. Just kidding. At the rate I'm going, I might finish the stack by February. . . .


Airs Beneath the Moon by Toby Bishop
The Unexpected Dragon by Mary Brown*
Falling from Horses by Molly Gloss
Seraphina by Rachel Hartman
City of Dragons by Robin Hobb
I am Malala by Malala Yousafzai

*in progress

Although I often read two books at once (no, not one with each eye--you know what I mean), I typically pair nonfiction with fiction, not fantasy with fantasy. What I'm doing now is alternating between two different series, since The Unexpected Dragon is actually a trilogy in one volume. Mostly, I'm doing this because I have no self-control when it comes to books, and I checked out The Prisoner of Azkaban before I was ready to read it. I also might have curiously snatched Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them at the same time.

On a similar note, I'd probably be farther along if I'd stop reading books not on my Bookshelf Love stack.

If you'd like to join in the fun (please do!), or if you're wondering what in the world this Bookshelf Love nonsense is, visit this post for more details and to sign up!






*******
From the Editor's Desk {Tip of the Week}
Fewer vs. Less

Don't they mean the same thing? Not quite. Use "fewer" when referring to a quantity and "less" when mentioning a volume.

She had fewer potatoes in her soup than he did.
He had less soup.

There were fewer people at the market today.
There was less of a crowd today.






4 comments:

  1. Hahaha, "I'd probably be farther along if I'd stop reading books not on my Bookshelf Love stack." This made me smile -- I know the feeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems to be a common problem among bookworms... :)

      Delete
  2. UMMMM IS THAT YOUR BOOK SHELF? It is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should ask... Actually, that's my temporary kitchen counter (until we get one built), and the wood lattice and white canvas are actually the wall. I live in a yurt!

      Delete