10.13.2016

harmony of autumn {poetry thursday}

























laughter in the forest,
faeries swirling, twirling, dancing to the ground
in joyful golden skirts
--a flutter, a falling, shimmering curtain--
landing breathlessly on the ground
with a whisper to the sunset leaves

and in the contagious excitement the trees--
the trees join in, begin to sway
to the harmony of autumn
their verdant boughs transforming
for the glorious masquerade
in celebration of the sleepy, silent, cozy months to come




5 comments:

  1. aiii this is so beautiful! The trees near my house are starting to look just like that picture...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Olivia! I hope you're enjoying the color at home as much as I am! :)

      Delete
  2. ugh yes. the colors. the words.
    I love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, I loved this! <3
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete