5.12.2014

book haul!

I was at the beach for a retreat this weekend, and there just happened to be a rummage sale at a church just down the block. And they were selling books for $2 a bag. How could I pass that up?





A book about climate change, birds, and the consequences of atomic bomb testing, written by a poet. I snatched it up.





The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver
I've read this already, yes, but I did not own it. I love love love this book.





Traveling Light by Andrea Thalasinos
The main character unexpectedly adopts a dog and, equally unexpectedly, takes a job at a wildlife rehabilitation center en route to Canada.


My husband laughed when he saw this book in my pile. I'm very much interested in yoga, and this super-cheap book comes with a DVD. I'll let you know if it's better than it's cheesy cover.


I Am The Great Horse by Katherine Roberts
A young adult novel about Alexander the Great, written from the perspective of his horse. A historical novel about a horse? Count me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment