2.11.2012

growing words

I have decided to write a poem a day.  Call it a belated new year's resolution if you like, but this is what I'm doing.  Hopefully it will strengthen my writing both for creativity's sake and my budding journalism skills, but if nothing else the creative juices will be flowing.

The purpose of this blog is to share with you, dear reader-guinea pigs, my raw unedited verses and to hopefully get some feedback.  Tell me what you like, share gently what made you cry in agony.  

And without further ado, the first poem.

growing words
as I stare at this blank page
--snow blanket--
and see that which lies beneath
awaiting my pencil to coerce it
through the cold nothingness
grass springing up
when we have lost all hope
the world will ever green again




No comments:

Post a Comment