3.22.2016

bookshelf love: the results


I ended up reading 10 books in my seven-week challenge, and I have started an eleventh one. Although I did not get to all 12 that I had listed at the beginning of the challenge, I did read far more than I usually do in that amount of time, so I call this a successful challenge. And, at the end of it, I got rid of almost all of the books. Which, if you remember, was the whole point!

I added two books to the challenge, True Grit and Upon This Rock, so I decided that I could allow myself to keep two unread books at the end of the challenge, since the original pile was only 12, not 14, books. In the end, I kept Valley of Dreams, RefugeBlack Beauty, and Upon This Rock -- the first two because I really liked them, the third because, although I didn't get to it in the challenge, I've read it before and loved it, and the last because I just started reading it.


Links in the list go to my review (if I've written one) or to Goodreads.

The Hills is Lonely by Lillian Beckwith
Holding Up the Earth by Dianne E. Gray
Riding Lessons by Sara Gruen
Grace at Low Tide by Beth Webb Hart
Blessed are the Meek by Zofia Kossak-Szczucka
Wild Magic by Tamora Pierce
Wolf Speaker by Tamora Pierce
True Grit by Charles Portis
Upon This Rock by Frank G. Slaughter
Valley of Dreams by Lauraine Snelling
Refuge by Terry Tempest Williams
Black Beauty by Anna Sewell
Flying Changes by Sara Gruen
The Art of Losing Yourself by Katie Ganshert

If you'd like to join in the Bookshelf Love reading challenge, jump on over to the introductory post. And in case you missed it, you can view more details about my personal Bookshelf Love challenge here.



1 comment: